Saturday 7 July 2012

Banana Bread Breakfast Smoothie

Initially dubbed 'Green Monsters' by A Full Measure of Happiness, these smoothies are not your typical yogurt-fruit concoction.  And they don't even taste like your typical yogurt-fruit concoction.. even better: think milkshake.  And there's spinach in them... I know right?
Anyways this was so good and definitely a good way to sneak in some more nutrients to your breakfast,  had all the ingredients on hand as well. I am definitely gonna play around a lot with this recipe, I'm thinking mint, cocoa, maybe strawberries, and lots of other flavours could be marvelous.
I have Starbuck's sugar-free flavour syrups (meant for lattes) in my house but I used them in the smoothie and I think that's what gave it its sugary ice cream flavour.  Yum.
 
Banana Bread Breakfast Smoothie (makes one smoothie)
  • 1/2 ripe banana, frozen (peel before freezing!)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup baby spinach
  • 2 tablespoons walnuts
  • 1/8 cup oats
  • 1 pump Starbucks Sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
  • 1 pump Starbucks Sugar-free Vanilla Syrup
  • a couple of ice cubes, as needed
Put the spinach, oats and walnuts in the blender, and then throw in the banana. Pour the milk over top of everything.  Blend until smooth.  Add syrups and continue to blend, and then add ice as desired (I added about 3 cubes).

No comments:

Post a Comment